My backyard is… a wilderness. I have to knock down some pretty serious bushes to try an eco-friendly weed removal technique. Basically it consists of cutting everything down and putting plastic over it. This will get to 160+ degrees in the summer heat and bake all of the plants/seeds under it. Hopefully sterilizing the ground so I can plant grass or prairie seed bundles at the end of the year. Just down the hill is where I’ll have a small veggie garden… that’s another reason for not using chemicals.
Any way… I was looking around for a machete. With my love for gadgets/tools/sharp things I found a “few” sites with some American made knives and such.
- Ontario Knives can be found at Discount Cutlery Where I found a nice selection of Machetes.
- Leatherman (I feel naked when I don’t have my c33 in my pocket)
- Case Knives
- Buck Knives
- Ka-Bar Knives
- Kershaw Knives had some stuff made in the USA (Under the ZT brand also.)
- Tops Knives
- Bear and Son Cutlery
- Bark River Knife and Tool
- Silver Stag Knives
- Great Eastern Cutlery
- Schatt & Morgan
- Remington Cutlery
- Colonel Coon
- Queen cutlery
- Cripple Creek cutlery
- Schrade Knives
- Heckler & Koch – I couldn’t find knives on their site
- Masters of Defense
- Kissing Crane – I couldn’t find a website
- Randall King Knives
- RAT Cutlery (Now EESE knives)
- Wilson Tactical
- Fehrman Knives
- Entrek USA
- Marbles – Their website was broken.
- Bradley Knives
- Outdoor Edge
That is about all I could find. Comment if you know of more.
Found another while reading “Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life” By Neil Strauss
- Mad Dog Knives
- Boye Boat Knives – Made with a cobalt alloy to be completely rust free, hold an edge, and sharpen quick.